Manager & Coach Information
Here is the 2013 Coaches Packet for you to download!
With the season starting with some new coaches, I have listed a checklist of responsibilities that are vital on game day.
Before The Game
George works on our fields and will unlock the press boxes, scoreboards, bathrooms and dugouts, but this is where his job ends and your job begins:
- both teams need to prep the fields (rake out)
- both teams need to chalk the field
- both teams need to put out the bases. (the new bases pop off and indicate what corner points to the mound – first base is the double base with the orange base on the outside toward 1st base coach).
- both teams should put out banners on Red and Blue, for sure do this on Saturdays, banners are in the shed out beyond left field on the Blue Field.
- Coaches on the Red and Blue (and soon on the Black & White), need to locate scoreboard controls located in the umpires shack.
After The Game
- put bases away (Last game on Saturday)
- clean garbage out of dugouts
- lock up dugouts
- lock up press boxes
- take down banners if up (Last game on Saturday)
- make sure scoreboard controls make it back to umpires shack.
- rake the field and mount for the next day/game.
This sounds like a lot of work, but if both teams pitch in with their parents, this can be done rather quickly. It is our responsibility to take care of our facilities and make sure everything is kept in good shape. It is a guarantee that if we forget to lock up or put something away, it will be gone the next day. There are several coaches with keys to the gates and press boxes, but if you don’t have one, borrow the keys from the concession stand and put them back.